How is it the 3rd and I'm just now getting around to posting my intentions for the year? At the coaxing of Danielle Laporte (I'm LOVING the Desire Map), I am going with "intentions" instead of "resolutions." It just feels less...legalistic to me. Feels more fluid, more amendable. I'm loving it.
So here we go!
* We will observe the Sabbath. I've become terrible at resting. Partially because my coaching business doesn't feel like work and partially because I have so much I want to do. I realized the ridiculousness of what I do when we had friends over for dinner the other night and my phone was going bezerk. It was embarrassing. I need to step away sometimes. We had to do some shuffling because of my coaching responsibilities, but we are taking a 24-hour Sabbath each week. From 3pm Saturday to 3pm Sunday, we will be internet-free, cell-phone-free and work-free. So I'm seeing lots of reading, naps, and tv during that time. I'm very, very, very excited about this.
* We are on a serious budget. I don't have a firm timeframe, but I would really really like to be self-employed. And this will require (of my own decision) being debt-free (other than student loans and mortgage). So we are just being very intentional. We are going no-spend-ish for January. We will each have a "fun" allowance and we have one dinner out. Other than that? Bills, gas, and groceries only.
* I have a very scary, unspoken weight loss goal. Spread out over the year, it is incredibly manageable, but the number itself is craaaazy. There's been some trash-talking going on in the twitterverse, and I really hope it is what I need to finish what I started.
* I want to just keep the momentum of my coaching business. Things have settled into a very nice pace right now. I want to do what I need to do to keep it here. I want to continue with monthly challenges. I want to just keep it up.
I do have a few running-specific goals too!
* finish 2 spring marathons * finish a fall half under 2:15 (GULP!) * finish a 5K under :30 * total of 1250 miles * 50 hours of yoga
Alright, friends. Let's do this! 2013 or bust!